The May 2nd Missouri/Kansas Fishing report is up at the Kansas City Star website! Finally, the temperature has remained constant and water temperatures are moving towards 60 degrees. Crappie are on the banks and spawning in many lakes. The bass bite is the hottest it has been in many years on Truman Lake. Fishing should be good from the bank or the boat so no excuses!
The Lee’s Summit Area Fishing Facebook Group is over 600 members in less than a month and a half. The white bass have been hot on Longview Lake.
Fishing at James A. Reed has been heating up as well with many limits of trout and crappie being caught .
My resources for the fishing report include some great people and businesses. Be sure to check them out by clicking the links below!
- Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock Marina – Bull Shoals Lake
- Lilley’s Landing Resort & Marina – Lake Taneycomo
- Focused Fishing Guide Service – Table Rock Lake
- Bink’s Fintastic Guide Service – Norfork Lake
- Pomme Muskie Guide Service – Pomme De Terre Lake
- Stockton Lake Guide Service – Stockton Lake
- Burton’s Bait and Tackle – Smithville Lake
- Melvern Lake Marina – Melvern Lake
- Clinton Lake Marina – Clinton Lake
- Lighthouse Bay Marina – Pomona Lake
- Fishtec Guide Service – Milford Lake and Tuttle Creek
- Jayhawk Marina – Hillsdale Lake
- Hines Guide Service – Wilson Lake
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism